How To Prepare Equitably For School Resumption
As the number of schools that plan to reopen rises, so does the urgency of getting ready for classes to resume.
Since the coronavirus pandemic had a major impact on the educational sector, its lockdown and school closures will linger in our minds for some time.
How do you prepare for the resumption of school? Which safety gear and tools will you require as you get ready to work again? This article has all of these and more.
Other schools that have already resumed or have announced a restart date include some of the following:
- A minimum of five (5) washable facemasks for all returning students
- Students should bring at least two face shields with them when they return.
- Hand sanitizers that can last the entire semester should be provided to all students.
- Hand-washing stations and mechanisms should be located throughout the school.
- Follow, and respect the laws of social distancing as they should.
- There would be no social events or get-togethers that weren’t absolutely necessary.
- There would be a gradual resumption of business in some states.
- There would be fewer pupils in each class.
- The school day would be divided into morning, afternoon, and possibly evening classes.
- eLearning classes may also be used to supplement traditional classroom instruction.
As a precaution, schools must conduct a risk assessment and set up a monitoring system to determine the extent to which they are prepared for an emergency. Until that assessment is complete, schools must keep their doors closed to students and staff.
Students are urged to begin reading if they haven’t already, as most schools tend to ‘rush’ academic activities so that the academic calendars of the various institutions aren’t warped, and also to keep up with their private institution peers who are continuing academic activities online.